Farming

Follow me (1:17) 

It was mayhem outside church this morning. Tractors, trailers and cars were everywhere, while overall-clad, mud-splattered farming folk lined the wall, looking a little bit peeved. We had blocked the road and they were stuck. It took only a little effort to unclog the jam, as tractor drivers are remarkably good at squeezing through small gaps in their vast contraptions. It all became quite jolly and one of them quipped, 'We reckon it was God telling us to take the day off'. I quipped back, 'Or that you should be in church'. And it struck me. If Jesus were calling disciples today, he'd have called these farmers. 'Come, follow me, and I will make you people-farmers'. But not into church, as I did. 'Come and join my gang, and learn to love people the way you love the land'. Might be worth a try.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Together

Silence

First