Up

Very early (1:35) 

The alarm rang into my dreams. As my befuddled brain sought to make sense of the clanging noise, my beloved wife was already jumping out of bed. It was the morning of my son's first international competition and we had to be up and out to catch the plane. Four enormous bags containing a plethora of windsurf gear accompanied us into the car, adding to the adventure. We'd packed the kitchen sink and were ready for anything.

I wonder if Jesus had the same excitement about getting up very early. He had an appointment with his heavenly Father, sharing the mission of the day and planning his next steps. Now that would be a thrill. A friend and I are planning an all night vigil in March on the eve of the Feast of the Annunciation.  Maybe you'd like to join us?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Together

Silence

First